Sony ECM-88 Series lavalier microphones are extremely miniature, omni-directional electret condenser microphones ideal for quality-critical applications in broadcasting, theatre and field productions. As well as offering a high-sensitivity, flat-and-wide frequency response and low-noise characteristics, these microphones also provide other significant enhancements.
A water-resistant architecture reduces the risk of water or perspiration entering the microphone capsule. The capsule itself is just 3.5 x 3.5 x 16.8 mm, allowing for easy, natural-looking concealment in both television and stage productions. Whenever size, quality and reliability are of paramount importance, the Sony ECM-88 Series offers the perfect solution.
- Ultra-miniature, omni-directional electret condenser microphone
- Designed for quality-critical applications in broadcasting, theatre and field productions
- Flat-and-wide frequency response provides natural sound reproduction to enable the addition of sound effects during the mixing process
- Water-resistant design maintains sound clarity in almost any application or environment
- Dual-diaphragm mechanism contributes to the high-sensitivity, wide dynamic range and low-noise characteristics
- Low cable noise characteristics
- Miniature design makes it easy to conceal in a stage costume
Four Models Available
- ECM-88B: Black-coloured model supplied with a DC-78 DC Power Supply Unit. Two-way powering possible - internal AA-size (LR6) alkaline battery operation or external DC (12 to 48 V) operation
- ECM-88BC: Black-coloured model supplied with a Sony 4-pin connector (SMC9-4P), for use with the WRT-8B/822B Sony bodypack transmitter
- ECM-88BPT: Black-coloured model supplied without a connector (pigtail), enabling users to choose connectors according to their transmitter
- ECM-88FPT: Beige-coloured model supplied without a connector (pigtail), enabling users to choose connectors according to their transmitter